Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Chocolate Affair





Welcome to our August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  This month's stamp from Close to My Heart is "A Chocolate Affair" and is available exclusively through your Close to My Heart consultant from August 1 - 31, 2013.  This month, you can receive this stamp set for FREE with a qualifying purchase.





If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create.   If you came from Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create then you are in the right
place!

For today's card I used a tutorial from the Technique Junkie CD "Shape It" (well sort of... I couldn't find my cd right off so I just winged it... I think I did alright). :) I knew as soon as I saw this months Stamp Of The Month set I would be making this card with it for sure!



I really could have stamped any of the sentiments from this set on this card but I figured this one was probably the most versatile for just tossing into my collection of cards to have on hand. I really like how it turned out though so I may be making more of this one to add to my box of cards for the Canadian Troops.

I used chocolate cardstock for my card base and the squares of chocolate. Whisper and a piece from the Babycakes paper packet make up the wrapper with a piece of aluminum foil. So much fun!


Your next stop on our "Chocolate Affair" hop is Rebecca ~ Show Me Scrapping

Here is the entire lineup in case you get lost along along the way:


  1. Lucy ~ Love 2 Create 
  2. Darla ~ Caution: Crafting is Contagious
  3. Rebecca ~ Show Me Scrapping
  4. Jennifer~ 4 Hearts Scrapbooking
  5. Janna ~ The Creative Princess
  6. Pam ~ Pam's Crafty Creations
  7. Connie ~ Connie Creates 2 
  8. Mary ~ Cr8ive M.E.

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

9 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the chocolate bar look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card it looks delicious.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Darla, your chocolate bar is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card! I love everything about it!
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how impressive this card is. And you did the squares how? So clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, the squares are just squares of cardstock with the edges inked layered on top of each other. :)

      Delete
  6. What a great card Darla! The look is so real!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget