Thursday, April 4, 2013

Music Teachers Appreciation

I have another teacher appreciation card over on the Card A Day Blog today.

Although this card could really be used for anything just by what you write inside, I originally made this for a friend to give to her sons piano teacher after seeing a piano card made on Studio Wow blog. I have since decided to make this for a few of my musical friends for their birthdays this year as well.

This will also be one of the card designs available to make at my drop-in Card Making day this Saturday April 6 (message me for more info if you're in my area and interested in coming).


The piano keys are from Sweet Music and the swirl pattern which is heat embossed in black is from the Love Life stamp set. I added a strip of black shimmer trim to the front to finish it off.

The shape of this card could easily be hand cut from a folded A2 card but I used Cricut Craft Room and the Artiste cartridge (sized the whole thing to be 8.5" wide and 5.5" high, hid the original tick marks for folding and placed a 1" x 4.25" rectangle to cut off the bottom of the card so the keys would show through from the inside). I cut the same shape out of white paper without the rectangle cutout and chopped it in half to get white pieces for the insides of 2 cards at once. 


Here's a picture of the inside and how it looks opened which is intentionally left blank so she could write a personal message to the teacher. 




Products Used

10 comments:

  1. Cute card, great for that special music teacher. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just turned out beautiful....can't wait to make my own....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Darla, you are quite creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome card
    any music teacher or musically tallented person would love this!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card for a wonderful music teacher!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous idea thank you for inspiring us

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! I am wondering how you get rid of the "tick" marks in CCR? Is this easy to do? I don't like them and would love to know how to do that. Thanks again for the inspiration! cetubmanatgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea, Darla. This card reminds me of my Easter egg card - it too won't stand up. lol. But it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget